Saturday 3 October 2015

Inspirations

Since I will be specializing on Environment Art, first things first, I have found images in different areas, for example, these four different areas, Desert, Forest, Snow/Ice, and Urban, they all have different formal elements and of course, the atmosphere in each area is all different due to their unique shapes and compositions.

 [Desert]

(Images from pinterest, fengzhudesign.com/]


 [Forest/Swamp]

(Images from pinterest, fengzhudesign.com/, deviantart)


 [Ice]

[Images from pinterest, deviantart)

[Urban]

(Images from pinterest, deviantart, fengzhudesign.com/)

Most important part of researching in different areas is that if the artist wants to specialize on Environment Art, they need to go out of their comfort zone and explore other aspects of painting and formal elements of these unique areas. With these images, I will tackle on the most important part, which is to enhance the painting ability up to the peak point to able to adapt any orders within given times.

 Last year 2nd semester on Computer Arts Practice, I was rather concentrated on environmental pieces compare to the character, which I have found it more interesting, makes me excited during environment painting and wanted to explore deeper and understand the aspect of environment. From here, you can see two environmental paintings, 'Dragon Lair', and 'Castle'. While I was working on these pieces, I felt it was more natural and had better composition, tones and colours have been applied compare to character concept design I did. However, these two scenery isn't enough which means that I need more experiences in different topics/areas.

I want to focus on improving on my technical ability as a digital painter and at the same time, educate myself the understanding of formal elements even further and apply it in my personal works.

No comments:

Post a Comment