Wednesday 27 January 2016

Beginning of semester 2, re-thinking of my project

 Due to lack of specific research area, the whole proposal went haywire. To make this more simplified and focused into a certain subject. The fact which I was explaining and rambling around with the use of formal elements of art was rather an easy topic for an honours student who's doing their dissertation. Project which I'm working on is working on a progress and know how its going to be finished and presented but the research areas are vague, as if the researcher is confused or uncertain about their project.

 The fact that I was focused on the use of formal elements to the project was a crucial mistake. This was just a technique of the main project, not the main idea. The fatal flaw was that I couldn't able to express properly what I was telling people with few facts/references to back up with and I realised that I wasn't focused on 1 subject but vast amount. To fix this problem, I had to come up with solid idea first then rest (context, technique, ideas, references etc) can be done.

 ‘Creating narrative stories within the boundaries of painting’

 Project: The most efficient and simple way to describe is that this project aims to research how effective a story can be told by the use of painting. By using specific artists’ skills and techniques from different era and researching case studies related with the project; to interact and able to tell a story to audiences within the boundaries of painting.

 Objectives: Paintings and assets will be made from Photoshop and when all assets have been made, these assets will be modified into a moving concept painting by using After Effects and NukeX to enhance the visual effect of digital paintings. 

 To create this project, using Photoshop and After Effects software will be essential. What I'm worried about is that I have barely used After Effects and since I will be using this software as a main part of the project, I will need to get used to with this software as soon as possible. There is another software call NukeX which is similar to After Effects which I have not used before and contemplating if I should use this software when I'm not certain about it (since I will need to focus on producing paintings and assets from Photoshop and need to learn how to use After Effects).

No comments:

Post a Comment